Sunday 21 December 2008

A Quickie Before Christmas

The last time I wrote, Jack and I were looking forward to our Round the World trip, after a turbulent few months of bad news. Well, at the time of writing, I was unaware that the bad news wasn't quite over. Due to a torn cartilage, I needed an urgent operation, and the trip had to be cancelled. I have now had the operation and the leg feels fine, but I am in the process of fighting with the insurance company to get back the thousands of dollars I had paid out in airfares, hotels and tours. When my money is repaid to me, I will plan a new trip for next year, hopefully with Oki joining us to make the trip even better.

On Christmas Day, Oki, Jack, Monty the Dog and I will share the day with old family friends at our place. There will be nine of us, so it will be a full house. Chris will be spending the day with his new 24 year old girlfriend, who will also be his carer. He has now officially moved out of the house and into his new life. He can walk on a walking frame and can enjoy a conversation, but has lost his sense of taste, has double vision, a lack of balance, a weak voice and a poor memory. He has behaved extremely badly as a husband and father, and has hurt us all terribly, but I do feel sorry for him and wonder what the future holds for a man in such a vulnerable position.

No comments:

Post a Comment