Sunday 7 October 2007

I've Just Bought a New Car

I only buy a car every eight to ten years, and because I buy a secondhand one that is already about eight years old, by the time I've finished with it, the car is usually not worth much. Recently, Jack passed his driving test, first time, which is something to be proud of, and I decided to give him my 1992 Ford Festiva, which I had owned for eight years. He is now loving the freedom of having his own transport, and his little Ford is still a good, reliable vehicle.
Yesterday, I got a new car: a 1999 Holden Barina. It's a German-made import, has two doors, is a manual (I've never owned an automatic), has air-conditioning, airbags and power-steering, and is in very good order. It cost $5,250 (~2,000 pounds) and I'm very pleased with it. Have a look at the photos and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment